Terms of Boat and Equipment Rentals
Lessor and Driver(s)
- The Lessee named on the Rental Agreement must be at least 19 years of age and must present a valid driver’s license in person at the time of rental.
- All Drivers of a pontoon boat, fishing boat, or personal watercraft (jetski) must be 19 years of age and must present a valid driver’s license in person at the time of rental.
- Lessee and/or Drivers must obey the by the rules and regulations of the Canadian Coast Guard. Drugs or alcohol are strictly prohibited on the watercraft. Buckeye Rentals reserves the right to refuse rental to anyone that is suspected of being under the influences of drugs or alcohol.
- Buckeye Rentals provides all of the safety equipment required for each vessel as indicated under the Marine Safety by Transportation Canada to ensure the boat or personal watercraft is legal.
- We HIGHLY recommend that the Lessee and all Drivers of the boat obtain a pleasure craft operators card before the rental, although it is not mandatory. See www.boatsmartexam.com for more information on the Boat Smart course and exams. If you don’t have a boater’s license (pleasure craft operators card), you may complete a boater safety checklist (Canadian Coast Guard Approved), which acts as a temporary license for the duration of the rental.
Booking Deposits & Cancellations
- A Non-Refundable Booking Deposit is required for all pontoon boat, fishing boat and jetski reservation at the time of booking. Pontoon Boat and Jetski deposits are $100 and Fishing Boats are $50. All other rentals do not require a deposit.
- We require at least 24 hours notice for cancellation of a rental. Our rental day starts at 8:00am. If a booking is cancelled with more than 24 hours notice the Non-Refundable Booking Deposit will be kept in your Buckeye Rentals account and can be applied against a future rental invoice.
- If we are not notified 24 hours before 8:00am on the first day of the rental or if no notice is given at all, the Lessee will not be refunded their booking deposit..
- In the case of unsafe weather conditions, as determined by Buckeye Rentals staff (such as sustained high winds or lightening), Buckeye reserves the right to refuse the rental because we feel it is unsafe to be out on the water. The rental may be rescheduled for another date and the non-refundable booking deposit applied to that.
Damage Deposit and Responsibility
- A damage deposit is taken on the Lessee credit card as a pre-authorization payment at the time of the rental. This is a requirement of all rentals. The size of the damage deposit is dependent on the rental.
|Rental Equipment||Damage Deposit Pre-Authorization|
|Tube, Wakeboard, etc.||Full Replacement Value|
- Lessee is responsible for any damage that occurs to the boat, equipment and all provided contents. All vessels will be checked for damages before and after the rental with you present. Charges will be administered when a final damage quote is known.
Late Return Charges
- A Late Charge of $1/minute will apply if boat or equipment is returned after the designated return time as stated on the Rental Agreement.
Fuel & Other Charges
- All rental boats and jetskis come with a full tank of gas and should be returned full (excluding fishing boats). If not returned full, we will fill the tank at that time and you will be charged for the fuel at average local rates .
- Lock fees are not included in the rental fee. If you choose to go through any locks , you will be responsible to pay the Trent Severn Waterway directly for the locking fee. For lock hours and pricing please refer to the Trent Severn Waterway website at https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/lhn-nhs/on/trentsevern/visit/